The Ram 2025 1500 Ramcharger was unveiled. This new pickup truck is an EREV that claims to solve the continuous range anxiety that plagues electric vehicle enthusiasts, especially when heavy towing is required.
At the heart of this beast is a 70.8-kWh battery, which is expected to provide 233 kilometers of pure electric driving bliss. It drives a powerful all-wheel-drive powertrain with a whopping 663 horsepower output.
2025 Ram 1500 Ramcharger EREV
The Ramcharger differs from the all-electric Ram 1500 REV in that it has a 3.6l Pentastar V6 generator that can recharge the battery at up to 130 kW. Ram engineers emphasize that this V6 is not connected to the drivetrain in any way, but that the generator may supply the two electric motors directly if necessary. Ram estimates that you can travel 1,110 kilometers with a full gas and batteries.
When connected to a DC fast-charger, the Ram 1500 Ramcharger may consume enough juice for an 80-kilometer travel in 10 minutes. When you’re in a rush, Level 2 home charging is also available.
One of the most exciting aspects of the Ramcharger is its bi-directional charging capacity. It can not only take power, but it can also give it back, acting as a mobile power station with a 7.2-kW output – enough to keep the lights on when out in nature or to rescue another electric car in trouble.
The Ramcharger has a payload of 1,191 kg and a towing capacity of 6,350 kg. It’s a vehicle that not only equals the capabilities of its electric cousin but also goes beyond the capabilities of gas-alone trucks.
In order to service a wider range of price points, the Ramcharger is available in a number of trim levels, ranging from the practical Tradesman to the sumptuous Tungsten and Limited.
The Ramcharger’s interior includes a digital gauge cluster and a big 14.5-inch touchscreen with Uconnect 5 software. Add in the provision of a hands-free driver-assist system, and it’s evident that the Ramcharger is about technology as much as it is about raw power.
For those looking for the ultimate in luxury, similar to the luxurious surroundings of a Mercedes EQS, the Ramcharger Tungsten variant comes with quilted leather seats with 24-way adjustability and a massage option.
While the Ram 1500 Ramcharger will not be available until late 2024, excitement is already brewing. With reservations available for a limited time, the EREV vehicle aims to reinvent what it means to drive a pickup truck in the modern era.
Ram is a brand of trucks and commercial vehicles, established as a division of the American automaker Stellantis North America (formerly Fiat Chrysler Automobiles). The Ram brand was created in 2009 when Dodge, which had been known for producing trucks and commercial vehicles, decided to separate its truck division into its own brand, named Ram Trucks.
Key points about Ram trucks include:
- Truck Lineup: Ram is best known for its lineup of trucks, including light-duty trucks, heavy-duty trucks, and commercial vans. Popular models include the Ram 1500 (light-duty), Ram 2500, and Ram 3500 (heavy-duty).
- Innovations and Awards: Ram trucks have gained recognition for their innovations, performance, and features. The Ram 1500, for example, has received awards for its design, technology, and overall capabilities. Ram trucks are often noted for their towing capacity, interior quality, and technology options.
- Ram ProMaster: In addition to trucks, Ram offers the ProMaster series of commercial vans. These vans are designed to meet the needs of businesses and are available in various configurations for cargo or passenger transport.
- Off-Road Capabilities: Some Ram trucks, particularly in the Ram 1500 lineup, offer off-road-focused models such as the Ram 1500 Rebel, designed for those who enjoy off-road adventures.
- Stellantis Group: Ram is part of Stellantis, one of the world’s largest automotive groups formed by the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and PSA Group. Stellantis encompasses various brands, including Ram, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, Peugeot, and more.